In addition to food and shelter, our guests are often in need of basic hygiene items, clothing, and undergarments. Serving individuals and families in three regions, it is imperative that our closets are stocked with basic necessities.
Fortunately, we have generous community members like you who often ask what our shelters need. We’ve created this page as a resource to highlight the items we frequently need at our shelters.
To set up a donation drive at your place of employment, school, or community, please contact Chief Development Officer Victoria Shires at 315.701.3848.
Please drop off donated items from the list below to the Rescue Mission Administration Offices at 155 Gifford Street, Syracuse during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm).
Alternatively, you can purchase items through Amazon and have them delivered to us directly at 155 Gifford Street, Syracuse NY 13202.
Current Urgent Needs
- Gift Cards to Byrne Dairy or Coffee Shops (Dunkin/Starbucks)
- Hats, Gloves, Coats, and Winter Boots
- Men’s & Women’s Sweatpants (All Sizes, Especially Large to 4x)
- Black T-shirts (All Sizes, Especially Large and Up)
- Size XL and Larger Men’s T-shirts
- Men and Women’s Underwear (All Sizes)
- Sports Bras for Women (All Sizes)
- Shaving Cream & Razors
- Deodorant for Men
Donations Needed Year Round
- Soap/body wash (travel size is preferred)
- Shampoo & conditioner (travel size is preferred)
- Feminine hygiene items
- Hair Care: Combs, brushes, headbands, hair ties
- Undergarments: New men & women’s underwear
- Bath Towels and Washcloths, new and gently used
- Bed Linens (Twin/Full), new and gently used
- Lip balm
- Disposable razors
- Hand and body lotion
- Shaving cream
Donations for Resident Activities
- Art Supplies – paints, colored pencils, drawing books
- Puzzle Books
- Playing Cards
- Garden Equipment
- Sewing kits
Supplies Needed for Shelter Foot Clinic
Members of the Upstate Medical Students Foot Clinic volunteer in our shelter on a monthly basis providing necessary foot care to clients in our Emergency Shelter. To keep the clinic running, donations of the following supplies are needed and appreciated:
- Gold Bond foot powder
- Shoe Inserts and insoles of all sizes
- Anti-Fungal Creams
- Ankles Braces
- Nail Clippers