The Auburn Education Foundation announced Gary Mann, Auburn Rescue Mission Program Manager, as a Class of 2024 honoree in the Auburn Alumni Hall of Distinction.
The Hall of Distinction, an integral arm of the foundation, was established to recognize, honor, and celebrate graduates who have distinguished themselves through outstanding academic, professional, personal, and/or civic achievements, and to inspire students to pursue a path toward personal success.
Auburn Alumni Hall of Distinction Class of 2024
- Gary Mann, Auburn High Class of 1999; program manager for Rescue Mission which provides case management and support to help families transition out of homelessness; worked in partnership with Auburn Housing Authority to bring to fruition Merriman Circle, a supportive housing complex for homeless single women and families; accomplished musician who has built a strong following through national tours; released three albums, one of which was the basis for a ballet produced in Chicago
- Eric Emanuel, Auburn High Class of 2008; 2013 graduate from FIT; designer of NYC-based streetwear and sportswear with personal EE logo that was a favorite of celebrities; opened first brick-and-mortar store in Soho in 2021 and a second in Miami in 2022; partnered with Adidas designing McDonald’s All Star High School Basketball sneakers, socks, uniforms, warmups and this year, even the gym floor.
- Sean and Beth Lattimore, Auburn High Class of 1986; as young parents, they took on the daunting task of ownership of the historic Springside Inn; and worked tirelessly to update the entire property, keeping its historic character while running a full-service banquet facility, and restaurant, and inn; mentored students doing restaurant internships and supported community organizations through donations of time and space.
- Karen Macier, Auburn High Class of 1972; retired Executive Director of Cayuga County United Way; served as Executive Director of Seneca County United Way; worked in public relations and alumni affairs (17 years) at Tompkins Cortland Community College; tireless community leader serving on boards of many charitable organizations; served in the Women’s Army Corps active duty (1974-1980) and Army Reserves (1980-1995)
- Marc Petrosino, Auburn High Class of 1993; Emmy-nominated designer, puppeteer, fabricator, and co-founder of Monkey Boys Productions; his creations have appeared in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Sesame Street, Saturday Night Live, Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, and Helpsters (Apple TV)
- Major General James Rafferty (retired), East High Class of 1969; 1973 SU graduate who enlisted in the military as a private and retired as a two-star General; as Commanding General of Joint Munitions Command, led a global logistics organization of 16, 0000 civilians, military, and contractor employees, operating in 34 states and 15 countries during Iraq War and Afghanistan War; Senior Advisor to the Commander of North American Aerospace Defense (NORAD)
The date of the ceremony is set for Friday, May 17th at the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn. For tickets and more information, visit auburnedfoundation.org.
Read More: The Citizen Article (2024, Jan 15.) Auburn Alumni Hall of Distinction Announces Seven 2024 Inductees